Laura Burkart has been named the new principal at Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy (LCTA), effective July 1, 2023,
June 22, 2023
Dear Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy Community,
It is with humility, gratitude and excitement that I share with you that I have been named the new principal of Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy (LCTA), effective July 1, 2023. It is an honor to lead this outstanding community of dedicated staff, engaged parents and exceptional students.
I am deeply committed to upholding the legacy of academic excellence, character development and engagement with staff, family and community members that have been the hallmarks of success at LCTA. Together, we will foster a nurturing environment that develops in our students the knowledge, skills and character strengths that will enable them to flourish in school, in the workplace, and as citizens of the world. As I begin in my new role as principal, our school now has an assistant principal vacancy. I am committed to upholding and honoring the legacy of academic excellence, character development, and engagement in our immediate search for a new assistant principal.
My door is always open and I look forward to our collaboration. Together, we will continue to build upon the rich traditions and strong foundations that make Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy an exceptional place of learning.
Thank you for your unwavering support. I am truly honored to serve as your principal, and I am excited about the bright future that lies ahead for our students and our community.
- April 12, 2023—Post Job Description/Announcement. Communicate Process to Stakeholders
- April 20, 2023—Post online survey for staff, parents, students, and community members.
- May 12, 2023—Online survey closes.
- May 17, 2023—Post Leadership Profile to accompany job description.
- April 12-May 22, 2023—Paper application review to select five to seven candidates for first round panel interviews.
- May 31 and June 1, 2023—First Round Panel Interviews. The goal is to narrow the field to three to four candidates for second panel interviews.
- June 5, 2023—Second Round Panel Interviews. The goal is to narrow the field to two finalists.
- June 8, 2023—Finalists meet and greet with staff and PTA/Community in two separate virtual meetings. The community virtual forums are posted online for three days for viewing/feedback from the public.
- June 8-12, 2023—Staff and parents/community provide feedback on finalists from virtual meet and greet sessions.
- June 12/13, 2023—Individual interviews of two finalists with Superintendent of Schools.
- June 15, 2023—Board of Education approval