Dear Lyles Crouch Traditional Academy Community,
The time has come to select the next principal for Lyles Crouch Traditional Academy. We look forward to working with staff, parents, and the broader school community to find and retain the best candidate for this important position in our community. In this vein, your involvement in the process is crucial.
Currently, the position has been posted, and I have asked John Porter to assist with the search and hiring process. Some of you may know Mr. Porter as he served as a teacher, principal, and assistant superintendent in Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) before retiring in 2009. He returned five years ago to ACPS in a part-time capacity and has coordinated approximately 15 searches for the school division since his return, including for numerous elementary school principal positions.
As one of the first steps in the process, Mr. Porter will send you an invitation to provide your thoughts, via an online survey, about Lyles Crouch and what you would like to see in the next principal. He will use your thoughts/comments to develop a Principal Leadership Profile which will help guide potential candidates and interview panels during the process. Parents and staff will also be involved on the interview panels with broader staff, parent, and school community participation as the process narrows the candidate field to meet and greet sessions with the two finalists for the position. The Lyles Crouch community will be encouraged to provide thoughts/comments about the finalists. We expect to have a new principal in place by July 1, 2023.
The Lyles Crouch webpage will soon provide a special section on the principal search with important documents related to the process—job description, timeline, Principal Leadership Profile, updates. I encourage you to check this webpage regularly for important information. You may also contact email@example.com with questions as this work proceeds.
We look forward to engaging you in this process as we move Lyles Crouch forward to its next exciting chapter in support of our amazing students.
Dr. Melanie Kay-Wyatt
Interim Superintendent of Schools
Leadership Profile for Principal
- April 12, 2023—Post Job Description/Announcement. Communicate Process to Stakeholders
- April 20, 2023—Post online survey for staff, parents, students, and community members.
- May 12, 2023—Online survey closes.
- May 17, 2023—Post Leadership Profile to accompany job description.
- April 12-May 22, 2023—Paper application review to select five to seven candidates for first round panel interviews.
- May 31 and June 1, 2023—First Round Panel Interviews. The goal is to narrow the field to three to four candidates for second panel interviews.
- June 5, 2023—Second Round Panel Interviews. The goal is to narrow the field to two finalists.
- June 8, 2023—Finalists meet and greet with staff and PTA/Community in two separate virtual meetings. The community virtual forums are posted online for three days for viewing/feedback from the public.
- June 8-12, 2023—Staff and parents/community provide feedback on finalists from virtual meet and greet sessions.
- June 12/13, 2023—Individual interviews of two finalists with Superintendent of Schools.
- June 15, 2023—Board of Education approval